11/25/2015

Talking to myself



I have been working on animal welfare for around 30 years now and what has changed during all these years?. Some things but not so many , we are still rescuing dogs and cats, we are killing ourselves , just because there are many people who think that we enjoy doing it, my dears , I , sometimes think that we have absolutely the wrong strategy, we should stop doing the dirty job to politicians, hunters and any kind of stupid people and we need to tackle the problem from the roots and those are easy to recognize, the overpopulation of dogs and cats, until we are not able to cut those roots , the tree of the mistreatment will continue.
Nowadays there are a lot of people involved on animal welfare and I don´t see any real changes , I become really angry , when I see that still these things are happening, nobody is given attention to the problem , we remove the stray animals from the view of the general public, so they don´t see the problem, only us, every day more and more dogs,more and more cats and we killing ourselves just to rescue them. Until when? Kisses, licks and hugs from all of us. Fermín